Browning TorqTaper Plus Solution
Applications include material handling conveyors for the aggregate industry. Uptime for customers is a major issue. Keeping contaminants out of and lubricant in speed reducers and bearings is a major issue. Ease of assembly and disassembly is also important.
The standard barrier seal system offered on the Browning TorqTaper Plus shaft mount reducer delivers 3 layers of protection: a v-ring face seal, grease filled labyrinth and rotating outer flinger. Reverse mount bushing allows easier assembly than competitive two-bushing systems.
Drives range from 10 HP to 60 HP for conveying systems
Maintenance cost savings
Key Customer needs and benefits
Installation mechanic commented that the Browning 307SMTP25 and Browning 207SMTP25 were much easier to install than the competition’s two bushing system. Easier assembly with a single bushing design and the ability to mount the bushing on the front side of the reducer. Barrier seal system helps to keep lubricant in and contaminants out resulting in improved operation.
TorqTaper Plus® Shaft Mount Reducer
Features and Benefits
- Patented TorqTaper Plus mounting system allows ease of installation and removal
- Patented barrier seal system provides protection in the most extreme applications
- Tapered roller bearings on all shafts for maximum thrust capacity
- Commercially available bearings and seals make maintenance trouble-free
- Carburized and ground gearing provides higher rating capacity less space
- Size 107 - 800 • 3/4” through 8” shaft sizes • Ratios 5:1 , 9:1 , 15:1 , 25:1 , and 35:1 • Up to 675,000 in/lbs torque
- Field installable back stop
- Available in c-face and hydraulic inputs
- Easily converted to a screw conveyor drive