LEESON<sup>®</sup> DC Gearmotors Offer the Right Torque for Stretch Wrap Application
LEESON DC Gearmotors Solution
The customer switched to a LEESON DC right-angle gearmotor because it allowed them the capability of a wide speed range as well as the necessary torque needed to operate the shrink wrap machine.
Stretch Wrapping Equipment.
LEESON DC gearmotors provide constant torque needed for customer solution.
Description of Problem
The customer needed a motor that offered the variable speed and high torque that the LEESON DC gearmotor offered, and while there are many offshore manufacturers of DC gearmotors available at a lower cost, the LEESON DC gearmotors offer the quality needed. Offshore manufacturers may also require high volume orders in order to offer a low price.
LEESON DC Subfractional right-angle gearmotor.
Key Customer Needs and Benefits
The customer needed a reliable quality gearmotor with instant starting torque that also offered them a wide speed range. A PMAC or AC gearmotor could not offer the specifications needed for this particular application. The LEESON DC gearmotor solution provided the specs, reliability and performance the customer needed.
LEESON® DC MOTORS FEATURES & BENEFITS:
- Wide speed range
- Made in the U.S.A.
- Constant torque throughout the range when powered with a full-wave unfiltered SCR-type adjustable speed control.
- Lubrication is permanent semi-fluid grease that reduces the possibility of leakage within the application
- Cost-competitive offering for adjustable speed applications
- Strong performance in a compact size
- LEESON DC gearmotors offer great versatility for constant or variable torque and speed requirements
- Can be designed for battery power supplies when the application requires portability