Don’t Let Bacteria Disrupt Your Operations
Sealed to a Higher Standard
Food processing environments are riddled with regulations and standards that keep consumers safe and ensure a facility free of harmful contagions.
From facility and plant design to conveyors and components, each mechanism involved must be examined for superior protection. What’s at risk? Legal ramifications, costly recalls, and consumer illnesses.
LEESON® Extreme Duck® Ultra motors are engineered to seal out all external contaminants in order to deliver a high-quality motor that thrives in heavy washdown environments.
With full stainless steel construction, these motors are capable of handling high-pressure spray and caustic chemical washdown environments. To keep food processing byproducts and fluids from being harbored on the motor, seams have been minimized, shafts fully sealed, and a new mounting design helps prevent the opportunity for bacterial build-up.
Food Processing Consumer Facts:
- According to the CDC 48 million Americans contract a food-borne illness every year
- According to the Food Safety and Inspection Service(FSIS) in 2019 over 500,000 pounds of food were recalled due to contaminants such as E. coli, Listeria, and Salmonella.
The Facts About the New Extreme Duck® Ultra
- Patented Q-Car™ Rotor Cartridge – Tired of replacing the entire motor when your bearings fail? Now you don’t have to. Thanks to forward-thinking engineering, technicians can now remove the motor’s rotor cartridge, replace bearings, and seal the motor in under ten minutes.
- IP69 Rating – Not only is the Extreme Duck® Ultra IP69 rated, it maintains its rating even after having the bearings and rotor cartridge removed.
- Mounting Design – Another notable feature of the Extreme Duck® Ultra motor is its unique mounting design minimizing the opportunity for bacteria build-up to occur.
The Extreme Duck® Ultra in Action
Investing in quality can have huge returns and investing in the Extreme Duck® Ultra can have an even bigger impact on your bottom line. The tougher the motor, the more you’ll save by avoiding expensive downtime, maintenance, and repair costs.
Two companies are using LEESON® motor technology to transform their production lines and the results speak for themselves.
Beef Processing Plant
SCENARIO: A beef plant, processing over 10,000 cattle each week, was using 600 washdown motors to run their production lines. These motors faced high-pressure washdown conditions on a daily basis with bleach and boiling water. Depending on the application, their typical motor lifetime ranged 3-12 months.
SOLUTION: Transition all 600 motor to LEESON® Extreme Duck® Ultra motors
END RESULT: After five years, the company was able to save over $940,000 on costs traditionally used toward motor downtime and new motor purchases.
Bacon Processing Facility
SCENARIO: A bacon processing facility, working with 3 million pounds of bacon per week, had previously been using 26 white epoxy washdown pump motors on their production line. Every day these motors would be cleaned with high-pressure spray and high-temperature solutions. The motors experienced high failure rates, with the typical lifetime averaging only 3-4 months.
SOLUTION: Replace existing motors with LEESON® Extreme Duck® Ultra motors
RESULT: In three years, the bacon processing facility had replaced 26 motors and saved over $64,000.
Learn more about how this solution can power your business.
The LEESON® brand spans thousands of alternating current (AC) and direct current (DC) motors, gearmotors, and variable-speed control solutions.