Raider® Plus Worm Gear Reducers
We know the odds of quick gearbox availability from finished stock are against you. The Morse® Raider® Plus worm gear reducer offers reliable design, support and is a drop-in replacement. Switching to Raider Plus worm gear reducers can make maintenance stress-free and maximize uptime in your facility.
- Constructed of rugged cast iron housings.
- Tapered roller bearings on output shafts, maximum reducer performance.
Product Cross Reference
- Commercially available bearings and seals make maintenance trouble-free.
- Modular worm gear design provides over 10 million configurations from stock components.
- Double sealing capability on input and output shafts.
- Dimensionally interchangeable with major industry competitors.
- Also available in Washdown Duty.
Talk to one of our expert sales professionals to learn more about how this product can improve your business.
The Raider Plus worm gear reducer offers a large variety of add-on accessories and four available styles for flexibility. Both the universal style ("U"-style, shaft input) with an output shaft and the c-face style ("Q"-style, input quill) with an output shaft are available. Both the "U" and "Q" styles are also available with hollow outputs.
The Raider Plus worm gear reducer is designed as an industry interchange and is dimensionally interchangeable with the major industry competitors.
The Raider Plus worm gear reducer product line features a center distance range from 1.0" to 6.0" with ratios from 5:1 to 60:1. It also contains an output torque range from 200 to 10,000 ft-lbs. Additionally, the line is an industry leader due to its patented design technology and manufacturing techniques.
7 Ways the Morse Raider Gearbox Creates Stress-Free Maintenance
- Motor Push Off Holes
Reduce headaches and save time when removing the motor using the push off holes. This feature greatly helps when fretting corrosion is present in the quill input style as fretting hinders motor removal.
- Seal Guard
Less risk of input seal damage during transit, installation or storage. It saves you time as replacing a seal can take one hour or more.
- O-Ring Housing Seals
Improved leak prevention for less mess and longer life as gearbox will better retain lubricant and an o-ring is more reliable than a gasket.
- Worm Thread Rolled, Nitrided And Ground
Other gearbox designs just roll the worm thread, the Raider worm gear box is also ground, which creates a smoother, quieter operation and overall better performance and longer life.
- Single Output Cover
The Raider gearbox has a cast closed housing on one side which is one less place it can leak.
- Viton®* Double-Lip Seals
Improved seal life. Viton seals have higher upper and lower temp limits, which enables longer life in a standard plant environment.
Make an easy transition to the Morse Raider gearbox with a Gap Walk® consultation for reliable design and availability.
* Viton is believed to be the trademark and/or trade name of The Chemours Company FC, LLC, and is not owned or controlled by Regal Beloit Corporation.