Sealmaster Gold Mounted Ball Bearings Solution
Customer was experiencing failures in the screw conveyor’s medium-duty, 4-bolt flange bearings about every other day. The contact seals on the competitor’s bearings could not stand up to the abrasive and corrosive contamination common in coal conveying applications.
The customer replaced two existing bearings with Sealmaster MSF-48 bearings equipped with our felt seal. The Sealmaster bearings stood up to the dust coal environment and ran six months with no failures. The customer has now specified only Sealmaster bearings and replaced the bearings on all screw conveyor drives with the Sealmaster® bearing solution solution. In addition all ‘SAF’ style spherical roller bearings were replaced with Sealmaster USRB™ bearings.
Screw conveyor drive transporting coal.
Cost reduction through significantly increased uptime. Slashed maintenance labor and replacement costs.
Key Customer Need(s) and Benefits From Sealmaster® Products
The Sealmaster bearings ran six months with no failures, thanks to the highly effective felt seals. As a result, the customer continues to replace other bearings with Sealmaster products. The annual cost savings for these two bearings not including downtime cost was over $12,500.
Talk to one of our expert sales professionals about how our solutions can efficiently power your business.
Sealmaster® Product: MSF-48
Features and Benefits
- Sealmaster® mounted ball bearings with setscrew locking are available in a wide variety of features:
- Inch bore size from 1/2” to 4 15-16”
- Metric bore size from 20mm to 100mm
- 10 housing styles
- Standard and medium duty series
- Wide outer ring design provides increased grease capacity to lubricate the bearings.
- Anti-rotation - pin and dimple system prevents the bearing OD from creep/rotation due to vibration over time while providing a full ±2” of static misalignment.
- Direct lube - pin and dimple system provides a direct lubrication path into bearing, eliminating the need to channel grease around a lubrication groove common on standard mounted ball bearing units.
- Felt labyrinth seal with rotating flinger helps direct contamination away from the sealing surfaces. Alternate seal options available upon request; see Sealmaster Custom Select.
- Black oxide standard on inner/outer rings and seal components helps inhibit corrosion.
- Zone hardened inner race provides a fully hardened ball path while leaving the race extensions unhardened, allowing better setscrew holding power.
- Length through bore is longer than most competitors for greater shaft stability.
- Land-riding brass retainer has high strength, minimizes friction and provides grease circulation.
- 120° balanced setscrew position three-point balanced contact that minimizes vibration, reduces noised and improves reliability of the shaft assembly.
- Precision manufactured, diamond faceted setscrews improve clamping and resist backing out.
- Solid base, pillow block, cast iron housing provides improved stability and resistance to shock and vibration.
- Permanent metal nameplate allows for easy identification after years of operation.
- Factory-filled with lithium complex NLGI 2 grease.