Mounted Roller Bearings
The Sealmaster® RPB series bearing is a mounted tapered roller bearing with unique features that help it withstand the industry’s toughest application conditions.
The Sealmaster RPB bearing’s field-proven features start with a rugged, split cast-iron housing and cartridge inserts. The inserts are field replaceable, simplifying mounting and saving time and money when replacement is required. The outer race has a spherical shaped outer diameter, enabling the rollers and race to maintain line contact when the shaft is misaligned. This feature also allows the bearing to compensate for +/- 3 degrees of static misalignment, a significant advantage versus conventional mounted tapered roller bearings.
The race-mounted, felt-lined seals act as a filter, and the rotating flinger helps repel contamination build-up. The seals also move with the races, therefore improving sealing effectiveness. While the seals help prevent contaminants from entering the bearing, the positive lubrication system allows direct grease flow into the bearing. This brings fresh grease to the area than needs it the most - the rolling elements - while additional ports direct a small amount of grease to the insert-housing interface.
Heavy shock loads, shaft misalignment, abrasive particles, and water – Sealmaster RPB bearing’s features work in concert to address these types of application conditions and increase equipment uptime.
Talk to one of our expert sales professionals about how our solutions can efficiently power your business.
Heavy-Duty Tapered Roller Bearings
- Allow for combined radial and thrust loads.
One-Piece, Self-Aligning Cartridge
- Self-aligning insert compensates for up to +/- 3° of static misalignment.
- Innovative design helps maintain proper rolling element contact with the races when misaligned.
Direct Lubrication System
- Extra lubrication port helps prevent seal damage by venting pressure from over-greasing.
- Bearing grease flow has a shorter path than competitive spherical roller bearing units.
Additional Features and Benefits:
- Alignment pin helps prevent outer race rotation – a common problem in vibratory applications.
- Select from two- and four-bolt pillow blocks in bore sizes from 1 3/16” to 5”, flange units from 1 3/16” to 4 1/2” and piloted flanges from 1 3/16” to 5”.
- Replaceable cartridge inserts from 1 3/16” to 5”.
- Exclusive diamond faceted setscrews contribute to improved clamping and resistance to back out.
Race-mounted Felt-Lined Flinger Seal
- Filters out contaminants in dry, dusty, dirty conditions.
- Mounted between the races – not subject to misalignment distortion.
- Contact seal available for wet, moist conditions.
Durable Cast-Iron Split Housings
- Housing base remains fixed and aligned with the shaft – quick insert replacement.
- Standard RPB units are interchangeable with industry Type E mounting dimensions.
- RPBXT bearings are interchangeable with SAF style four-bolt pillow block and are shaft ready for easier and faster installation.