Sealmaster® Bearing Solution
The competitor’s Type E, 2-15/16 shaft size bearings, at the tail end of the conveyor, were exposed to wet sand. Additionally, the screw take-ups on the tail pulley caused bearing misalignment. This led to compromised bearing seals and intrusion of wet sand into the bearing assembly.
Sealmaster RPB 215-C2 tapered roller bearings replaced the competitor’s Type E bearings. The RPB bearing maintains an effective seal with a static misalignment range of +/- 3°. The contact seal that is designed for wet and dirty conditions kept contaminants from entering the bearing, increasing uptime throughout the plant.
Cost savings through increased uptime, maintenance labor and replacement part reductions.
Key Customer needs and benefits
The Sealmaster RPB tapered roller bearings have greatly increased bearing life and improved maintenance, replacement and downtime costs, according to customer feedback.
Talk to one of our expert sales professionals to learn more about how this product can improve your business.
Sealmaster® RPB Mounted Tapered roller Bearings RPB 215-C2
Features and Benefits
- Sealmaster RPB series heavy-duty tapered roller bearing designed for radial, thrust and combination loading are available with a wide variety of features:
- Inch and metric bore size from 1 3/16” to 5” bore and 35 to 125 mm
- Multiple housing styles (RPB- 2 and 4 bolt pillow block / RFB - 4 bolt flange, RFP - Piloted flange)
- Multiple locking styles (Double lock collar as standard; Single lock collar specify a -A style)
- Multiple sealing options
- Non-expansion and expansion
- Unitized, replaceable cartridge insert allowing +/- 3 degrees static misalignment capability has factory-controlled clearances and is factory lubricated.
- Durable, cast iron, split housings allow quick insert replacement when change-out is needed while the housing base remains fixed and aligned with the shaft, reducing downtime and maintenance costs.
- The anti-rotation pin helps prevent the bearing OD from creep/rotation due to vibration over time.
- Direct lube and venting system:
- Provides a direct lubrication path into the bearing
- Secondary internal relief port helps prevent seal damage by venting pressure from over greasing
- Grease fitting position at 30˚ resulting in less chance of being broken off
- Race mounted seals are not subject to misalignment distortion and direct contaminant away from the sealing surface available as:
- Standard felt-lined flinger seal, which acts as a filter to help exclude dry, dusty and dirty contaminants
- Contact seal available for wet, moist conditions - specify ‘C’
- Nomex®* lined flinger seals are available for high-temperature applications up to 400 degrees F - specify ‘N’
- Lock collars with two, diamond faceted point setscrews at 120 degrees for balanced, three-point contact.
- Expansion roller bearing pillow blocks available for use when significant temperature differentials are expected between shafts and mounting structures or shaft is unusually long - specify ERPB.
- Permanent metal nameplate allows for easy identification after years of operation.
*NOMEX is believed to be a trademark or trade name of E.I. du Pont de Nemours and Company and is not owned or controlled by Regal Beloit Corporation.