In 1886, Ohio Valley Pulley Works was incorporated in Wheeling, West Virginia and in 1896 moved to Maysville, KY. In the beginning, the Ohio Valley Pulley Works manufactured Limestone Wood Split Pulleys and belts.
In 1936, the name changed to Browning® Manufacturing Company after members of the Browning® family acquired majority ownership. Through the years company's range expanded beyond sheaves and belts to include sprockets, bearing units and gear reducers.
In 1969, the Browning® Manufacturing Company was acquired by Emerson Electric Company. In 1987, it became an integral part of Emerson Power Transmission Corporation.
In 2015, Emerson Power Transmission Corporation (also known as Motion Control Systems) was acquired by Regal® Rexnord Corporation.