1425 – 4500 kW (60 Hz) / 1500 – 4500 kVA (50 Hz)
480V – 13,800V (60Hz) / 380V – 11,000V (50Hz)
Marathon Generator’s MAGNAPOWER generator line delivers powerful performance and reliable power generation. Its patented Digital Voltage Regulator (DVR) and grid code compliance make it the optimal choice for the most demanding prime power applications, including:
- Reciprocating and Turbine prime movers
- Distributed Power Generation
- Utility Applications
- Heavy Industry Power
- Oil and Gas Industry
Rugged design for extended life
MagnaPower is manufactured for maximum durability.
Its steel plate construction, internal frame supports and a rigidly controlled welding process assure low vibration and extended life.
To ensure high mechanical and electrical integrity, the entire stator assembly is vacuum pressure impregnated with anhydride epoxy resin and coated with a tropical insulation for added environmental protection.
MagnaPower’s exciter comes standard with surge protectors, as well as rotating rectifiers rated for 1000 volts.
- Single-piece lamination and amortisseur windings, rather than segmented laminations
- The copper field is wet-layer wound with thermo-setting epoxy for high mechanical and electrical integrity. An overcoat of tropical insulation provides added environmental protection.
- Special form-wound coils provide excellent voltage surge and corona protection (random wound coils are available for low voltage)
- Conduit box assemblies are optimized to the application. Lead entry or terminal connection requirements, and designed to accept various auxiliary devices such as current transformers all within a compact envelope.
- Class H insulation system
- Permanent Magnet Generator supplies the regulator with input power that is isolated from load disturbances
- 300% short circuit current for a minimum of 10 seconds during fault conditions
- Patented Digital Voltage Regulator, the DVR2400, provides .25% voltage regulation, three phase RMS sensing, and advanced operation and protection features
- Ball bearings (40,000 hour B-10 life)
- UL Recognized (600V max) per Standards UL 1004-1, -5; CSA Certified (13,800V max) per Standard C22.2 No. 100
- Custom designs available