Browning® TorqTaper Plus® shaft mounted reducer gearboxes are designed with a systematic approach for maximum life in rugged industrial environments. The patented design that allows ease of installation and removal. The TorqTaper Plus bushing can be installed on either the inboard or outboard side of size 107 through 315 reducers. The system also utilizes a bronze stabilizer ring on the opposite end of the bushing. The stabilizer ring helps minimize fretting corrosion which makes removal of the reducer easier.
- Design provides full-length bushing support of the drive
- Accommodates a wide range of shaft diameters
- Reduces installation and removal time
- Key to key drive provides maximum torque and shock load capacity
- Eliminates fretting corrosion and seizing problems
- Reduces wobble and accommodates undersized shaft
Talk to one of our expert sales professionals to learn more about how this product can improve your business.
The Browning TorqTaper Plus speed reducer is built around AGMA class 12 gearing and employs tapered roller bearings on all shafts.
Enhanced Sealing System
Since contaminants are constantly on the attack against oil seals and lubricants, the TorqTaper Plus reducer is protected by a patented triple seal system that extends the life of the bearings and gears.
The TorqTaper Plus mounting system is based on a single tapered bushing for straightforward, error-free installation and removal. This system requires no special tools and is designed for simplicity in limited work spaces. These design features work in concert to help provide you with maximum uptime and minimal maintenance.
Innovative Input Configurations
TorqTaper Plus shaft mounted speed reducers are also available with c-face and hydraulic input configurations for use in a variety of applications.
AGMA Class 12 Gearing and Tapered Roller Bearings
Helical gearing is cut to AGMA Class 12 and keyed to all shafts. All shafts utilized tapered roller bearings.
Single Bushing System
TorqTaper Plus reducers feature a patented, reversible, single bushing system that easily installs from either side of the reducer. The bushing system includes an optional end cap cover and stabilizer ring to reduce shaft mount wobble, prolonging gearbox life.
Patented Barrier Seal
- Design offering triple protection on all input and output shafts
- Rotating outer flinger slings away contaminants
- V-ring face seal with a grease-filled labyrinth
- Final protective layer – spring loaded, double-lipped contact seal
Additional Features and Benefits:
- C-face and hydraulic TorqTaper Plus reducers eliminate belt guards, belt drives and motor mounts
- Increased horsepower ratings allow downsizing in many applications
- Available in a wide variety of ratios: 5, 9, 15, 25 and 35:1
- Improved backstop design uses an inner race for easy installation and removal
- Increased input shaft diameters; higher overhung load ratings
- All three versions of the standard shaft mount convert to a screw conveyor drive using stock components
- Standard two-year warranty
|Reducer Size||Shaft Diameter Range|
|107 SMTP||3/4"- 1 7/16"|
|115 SMTP||15/16 - 1 15/16"|
|203 SMTP||1 3/16" - 2 3/16"|
|207 SMTP||1 3/8" - 2 7/16"|
|215 SMTP||1 7/16" - 2 15/16"|
|307 SMTP||1 15/16" - 3 7/16"|
|315 SMTP||2 7/16" - 3 15/16"|
|407 SMTP_B||2 15/16" - 4 7/16"|
|415 SMTP_B||3 7/16" - 4 15/16"|
|507 SMTP_B||3 15/16" - 5 7/16"|
|608 SMTP_B||5 7/16" - 6 1/2"|
|800 SMTP||5 15/16" - 8"|